Thursday 10 September 2009

A line through Cross

So this evening's commute sees the completion of yet another Alex Cross novel "Cross". I can just absorb these books! It helps that I care about the characters and want to know what happens to them all.

New book tomorrow, and since it's right her on the shelf, it has to be the next Alex Cross book, "Double Cross", which I'm sure I'll get through just as quickly as the last one.

I must get on and buy "American Psycho". I love the film and hear that the book is even better, if you like that sort of thing. Which I do.

I like reading about psycho killers. They are so very different from me but I understand that everyone (no exceptions) has a dark side to their personality, and I like being inside the mind of one of James Patterson's (or any other writer's) many creature creations. I like these characters. They have power that I will never give myself.

Everyone should be able to embrace their inner psycho. It's just a matter of control after that. For most who embrace, control comes easily and naturally. For those that don't have that control, well, that's what prisons and psychiatric hospitals are for, as they just end up ruining it for the rest of us.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment