Thursday 10 September 2009

Let's Go Crazy wake up call

This morning on the train I was falling fast asleep, which is fine as long as your stop isn't coming up in the next 60 seconds, which my one was. I found a remedy for this: Prince - Let's Go Crazy.

This is my favourite Prince song, which recently was covered and released by my favourite band of all time, Incubus, on their Monuments and Melodies greatest hits album.

First came the Incubus version (since I was listening to M&M) and it is the last track on the album and couldn't have come at a better time. When it had finished I immediately put on Purple Rain (album) on which Let's Go Crazy is the first track. Giving me a double helping of musical wake up juice.

It's at times like this that I am reminded of the power of music and
why I just simply couldn't live without it.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment